Facility: The Birches Nursing Home
Location: Musquodoboit Harbour
The Birches Nursing Home is a Community Governed organization that operates a 42 bed Continuing Care Centre. The Birches is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a health workplace for its 100 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels.
The Cook is responsible for food preparation and service of meals in accordance with the menu. Maintains high standard of safety and sanitation in cleaning of equipment and work areas. Provides staff training, guidance, and supervises as required. Assists in planning menus and prepares caterings as required.
· Grade Twelve (12) required or equivalent.
· Completion of one (1) year community college quantity cooking course.
· Recent completion of National Sanitation Program including working knowledge and experience in HACCP procedures.
· Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation.
· Experience working in maintaining a safe & sanitary work environment.
· Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
· Knowledge of therapeutic and familiar with dietary requirements of geriatric resident
· Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
· Previous institutional experience preferred
Effective and respectful communication with co-workers and residents, strong decision making and problem-solving skills, punctuality, flexibility
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive compensation package.
HOURS OF WORK: Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility. On call availability/flexibility.