Job Posting: Dietary Aide
Casual positions available!
Musquodoboit Harbour, NS
Reports To: Facility Support Manager or designate as assigned
· Minimum completion of Grade Twelve (12) required
· Experience in maintaining a clean and sanitary food service environment
· Preference to candidates who have recently completed the National Sanitation Program
· Knowledge and ability to operate and clean institutional equipment
· Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation
· Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
· Working knowledge of therapeutic dietary requirements of geriatric residents preferred
The Diet Aide is responsible for the assembly, delivery and service of food and supplies to assigned areas. Responsible for maintaining all assigned areas and equipment in sanitary condition.
· Responsible for all components of meal service to assigned areas, as outlined in the job routine
· Prepared and assembles special trays, beverages and food according to job routine
· Counts and replenishes stock items as required
· Maintains a clean work area
· Reports all necessary repairs and equipment malfunctions
· Responsible to ensure all dietary requirements are adhered to
· Ensures all food handling and HACPP procedures are followed
· Cleans all equipment, dishes, pots & pans and areas assigned, according to guidelines
· Follows all WHMIS guidelines when using and dispensing chemicals
· Receives, stores and rotates food and supplies as required
· Conducts inventory of supplies and products as required
· Performs other related duties as required
· Ensures that all information of the organization is treated in strict confidence
· Ensures that requests made by all parties are not in conflict with privacy legislation
· Ensures that the privacy and dignity of residents, families, and staff are protected in all transactions with the organization
Risk & Safety
· Ensures compliance of all applicable regulatory laws, by-laws, codes, standards and acts.
· Promotes a safe and healthy workplace for staff and volunteers.
· Promotes a safe and healthy environment for residents and their families
· Participates, when required in initiatives that minimize risk and promote safety
· Ensures that risks are minimized and proactively addressed for the interest of the organization.
Ethics, Values and Decision Making
· Ensures that ethical standards are maintained in scope of responsibility
· Champions the values established by the organization in day to day operations.
· Champions the mission, vision, and strategic directions established by the organization.
· Abides by all facility policies and regulations.
· Establishes excellent working relationships with residents, families, staff and volunteers in accomplishing work.
· Demonstrate commitment to quality and promote a quality culture
· Day-to-day implementation of the quality care and services
· Continually look for ways to improve quality of care or service
· Work as part of teams/committees to manage qualit
HOURS OF WORK: Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility. On call availability/flexibility.