Casual positions available!
Location: Musquodoboit Harbour
The Birches Nursing Home is a Community Governed organization that operates a 42 bed Continuing Care Centre. The Birches is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a health workplace for its 100 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels.
Under the direction of the assigned Supervisor/Manager, the Housekeeper is a fundamental part of the team that provides supportive services in the Home. This role may be assigned tasks that include:
· Cleaning and maintaining assigned areas of the facility in a sanitary condition
· General laundry duties including; sorting, loading and folding of laundry
· Responsible for maintaining all assigned areas and equipment in sanitary condition
· Supporting residents to “live well” according to assigned tasks, within scope of employment
· Responsible for housekeeping, laundry and Nutrition related duties
· Completion of Grade Twelve (12) required
· Knowledge and ability to operate and clean institutional equipment (kitchen, laundry and sanitation)
· Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
· Must be comfortable working with seniors with varying levels of disability
· Experience in maintaining a clean and sanitary environment
· Preference to candidates who have recently completed the National Sanitation Program
· Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation
Attend work on a regular and consistent basis
Effective and respectful communication with co-workers and residents, strong decision making and problem-solving skills, punctuality, flexibility
HOURS OF WORK: Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility. On call availability/flexibility.