Casual positions available!
Location: Musquodoboit Harbour
The Birches Nursing Home is a Community Governed organization that operates a 42 bed Continuing Care Centre. The Birches is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a health workplace for its 100 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels.
· Provide facility clothing and linen support services by ensuring the collection, distribution, processing and inventory of linens and personal clothing.
· Weigh and sort linens for processing.
· Load and unload washers and dryers.
· Operates ironers, folders and presses as required.
· Fold and sort personal clothing onto proper racks for delivery.
· Deliver personal and institutional linens to the units as assigned.
· Audits linens for required labels and repairs. Discards linens and maintains records.
· Participates in continuing education, relevant to Job Description and Long Term Care, to ensure skills and abilities are maintained and enhanced.
· Grade 12 High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in dealing with the public.
· Knowledge of Laundry operations an asset.
· Experience in a Long Term Care setting, an asset.
· Good verbal and written communication skills and personal initiative.
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
· Physically capable of performing all assigned duties within a flexible work schedule required for a 7 day a week operation.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds, be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Demonstrated regular attendance standards.
· Ability to meet and maintain health standards as per Long Term Care Legislation.
· Computer literacy an asset
Effective and respectful communication with co-workers and residents, strong decision making and problem-solving skills, punctuality, flexibility
HOURS OF WORK: Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility. On call availability/flexibility.
Please email resume to:
Or Fax to: 902-889-2271